Monday, May 17, 2010

"No Place for hate"....what a joke

I am so angry with kids that just don't get it. "No place for hate" does not exist in Boyertown School district. It is by far one of the worst places I have experienced for bullying of kids. The comments made to my child over the last 2 and 1/2 years have boiled over today and I am done....done with trying to have kids work it out amongst themselves. Enough is enough.

Two kids in my child's class said such hateful things today that the pain I feel is visceral. I feel as though someone has literally stabbed me in the heart and laughed while doing it. It's amazing how quickly something like this can take you smack back to when I was a child and was taunted and teased. Such anger that comes from deep down inside.

I can remember being teased horrible as a new student in middle school in 8th grade. I didn't think I would live through it. I didn't think that there was a single person that was remotely kind or accepting of someone new. I am 41 years old and when this happened to my child today I quickly was transported back in time to being 13 years old.....chubby, short, braces with short hair that didn't look like all the other girls in my class.....and was about to endure a few years of being picked on because of these things.

It is amazing how such a painful experience can shape a person forever. Since I know this first hand and what it can do and did do to me....I just want to die inside. I want tell my child, its my fault you are being picked on....I must have passed it down through a gene. Then another part of me wants to take those kids that are doing this and flash them forward in time to show them what losers they will end up to be....cause I have seen that end product too, and know its highly likely....especially if there only means of making themselves feel good is to put others down or treat them awful.....they will surely not amount to much more then bullies in adulthood....they are the losers.

So many peoples lives have been changed by bullies like these....some have overcome the taunts and teasing and gone on to be amazing people....others have had their self-esteem destroyed and are unable to bounce back and there are some that have taken their own lives feeling so worthless because of kids like these kids.....when is it enough....when?

No comments: