Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Claiming States

My husband and I have had this ongoing competition as to which has been to the most states. I have always felt that landing in an airport within a state is not the same as actually going to the state. My husband of course believes that it does count.

Which brings me to this topic is I am currently on a trip to Eastern Washington state for work. Both of us have been to Washington State so its not as though I am now one ahead. I did drive over to Idaho last night but that state has also been "claimed" by my husband. So I am on a mission to "claim" Montana. According to my local co-workers it should only take me an hour maybe hour and ten to get to the state line from the office. Tomorrow is stake a "Claim" day and I will be heading out for Montana after work.

The whole "Claiming States" thing got me to thinking about what exactly makes a marriage happy or exciting. I realize for most that "claiming" a state is not very exciting but for me and the hub...it is and its just one of the many little things that make us excited about our marriage, our friendship our life together. Its a little game between just the two of us that brings out the competitive side yet makes us laugh at the same time. It is through these little things I realize how blessed I am to have the man I married and the life we have together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys truly are blessed, Jen. So what is the score now anyway???