Thursday, April 29, 2010

Starbucks

This week I am a way for for work. I am in the beautiful Northwest of the country....Washington State. To be exact I am in Spokane which is extremely Eastern Washington state. The weather has been less then desirable but the people are so nice in the Northwest that it really makes up for the lack of sunshine.

This morning when I got up to make coffee in my hotel room I ripped the filter that the coffee was in and needless to say was unable to make coffee. No coffee makes Jen a very sluggish girl. On my way to the office I decided to stop for coffee and headed to McDonald's. When I pulled into the parking lot there gleaming in green was a Starbucks and I knew that I was going there instead of Mickey D's.

I first thought of going through the drive through since the weather is cold and wet but the line was so long that I decided it was worth it to go inside to order. There was no line inside and I was ready to go.

Ordering at Starbucks can be as intimidating as ordering at Geno's steaks in south Philly. You don't want to sound like an idiot but yet you want to make sure that you are getting the coffee you want....plus deep down you want to appear cool. I had practiced my line in the hotel when I was in Seattle and it had worked there so I was feeling much more confident about ordering this time. I walked up to the barista and placed my order with authority. "I'll have a tall skinny mocha latte". She wrote on the cup and within minutes I had my skinny mocha...in all it's yummy deliciousness. Walking back to the car I felt a sense of accomplishment as well as the warmth of the cup in my hand and the taste of the perfectly blended coffee and chocolate.....I think I have finally graduated to being an order pro at Starbucks.

No comments: